Gold Standard is a well-known name in the world of fitness, and this after workout powder is 100% whey. Each serving offers 24 grams of protein and 120 calories. This product is low in sugar and fat, which might be appealing to those looking to lose weight.
There are 5.5 grams of naturally occurring branched-chain amino acids per serving, helping to deliver the recovery and growth and your muscles need after a rigorous workout. It also features glutamine, which minimises the breakdown of your muscles and improves protein metabolism.
While protein powders, in general, do not offer an amazing taste, Gold Standard does provide plenty of different flavours to help make it more palatable.
- Comes with a scoop for easy measuring
- A variety of flavours help with taste
- BCAAs for amino acid intake
- Only 1 gram of fat per serving
- Some users found it to be too sweet tasting
- Not for the lactose intolerant
The primary feature that separates this product from the rest is that it offers 10 grams of amino acids per serving. Those BCAA’s are essential to the rebuilding process.
This formula also contains the amino acids L-Taurine which improves cardiovascular function, L-Alanine to promote muscle growth, and L-Arginine which is good for the heart. Instead of caffeine or sugar, this powder uses vitamin B6 to reduce fatigue and support metabolism.
Also featured are vitamin D and surprising less than 1 gram of carbohydrates, which are usually used to help replenish your muscle’s fuel cells. This product comes in four flavours to help reduce the protein powder taste. You can choose from Blue Razz, Fruit Punch, Green Apple, or Watermelon.
Finally, this product is sponsored by MMA fighter Conor McGregor.
- High amount of BCAAs and other amino acids
- Use of B6 instead of caffeine or sugar
- Heart healthy
- Multiple flavors
- Less than 1 gram of carbs
- Tall and thin container makes it harder to scoop out
- Effervescent effect can be too powerful, possibly leading to gas and lids popping off
Featured in Los Angeles Confidential Magazine, Vintage offers a trio of muscle building ingredients in your after workout shake. That includes BCAAs, creatine, and L-glutamine. Combined, these ingredients may be a better choice for those looking to gain lean muscle as opposed to bulking up.
This product is vegetarian-friendly, as well as Gluten-free and non-GMO. However, it is produced in a facility contains a wide list of allergens from shellfish to nuts and dairy.
As opposed to sugar, this product uses Stevia as its sweetener alongside its berry flavour. With only four calories per gram and a minimal amount of fat, weight loss is not hindered when taking this powder.
- Users reported increased energy during exercise regimens
- The taste is better than other comparable products
- Contains essential amino acids
- L-glutamine helps improve protein metabolism
- Not everyone likes the taste of Stevia
- Not suitable for those with food allergies
The most notable feature about this product is that it is 100% natural, which might be an excellent option for those looking to avoid artificial ingredients commonly found in protein powders. This is a grass-fed whey protein isolate with linseed flax, psyllium husk and apple pectin for fibre, and a mix of nuts and seeds for healthy fats. It also uses Stevia in place of sugar.
It comes with a scoop for easy measurements to ensure you are getting the right amount of nutrients and is contained in a resealable package to avoid any BPA plastics. To help mask the taste, you can choose from Almond, Chocolate, Coconut, Macadamia Vanilla, Pistachio, and Strawberry flavours.
- All-natural formula
- Contributes to curbing appetite
- Comes in multiple flavours
- All carbs are fibres
- Not suitable for those with nut allergies
- Some users found it to be too gritty
- Some users were less than fond of the taste
This whey protein concentrate is free of thickeners and fillers often found in similar products. It is also flavoured naturally to avoid artificial ingredients. With 80% protein content, it ranks in high on the scale.
Naturally low in fat and lactose, weight gain is not an issue with this powder. One of the great features about this product is that essential amino acids have been added, which might make this an excellent choice for anyone looking for a speedier recovery time.
This product is not heat treated. Instead, it is micro filtered to keep the whey as pure as possible. Its abilities as a post workout supplement earned it the Best Protein Award from the FSN Product Awards.
After mixing this up, it is recommended to drink it right away. Otherwise, you might be left with a bit of a film on your glass or bottle. It does come in a variety of classic flavours such as vanilla and chocolate, as well as an unflavored version that might be better for cooking with or sprinkling on food.
- Tastes good
- Low in fat
- Mixes well with water or milk
- Multiple flavours, and unflavored for cooking
- Some found the taste too sweet
- Some users reported an upset stomach
- Uses sugar