Protein World Carb Blocker Capsules contain white kidney bean extract as well as garcinia Cambodia. The white kidney bean extract is designed to prevent the complex carbs from being broken down the digestive tract.
Meanwhile, the Garcinia Cambodia supposedly regulates blood sugar levels, so that you want to eat less. It can also block the breakdown of carbohydrates and might have some fat-burning benefits.
The capsules are easy to swallow and dissolve quickly in the stomach.
- Two capsules contain 890 mg white kidney bean extract, supposedly the most potent strength available.
- The capsules also contain Garcinia Cambodia, which might have an added benefit for weight loss and blood sugar control
- Pills are meant to be easy to swallow
- Capsules are vegetarian, halal, gluten-free and soy-free.
- Limited information is available about what is in the pills.
- Product seems designed for use with other supplements.
- Scant information is available concerning where the supplements are made.
CARB STOPPER EXTREME contains 1,000 mg of white kidney bean extract. The capsules are made in the USA and are certified GMP. They are also “100 percent natural,” although there’s no way to know what that means. The label states that the pills do not contain any stimulant and that they are suitable for vegetarians.
The only active ingredient in the tablets is the white bean extract. The product description claims that the supplement can help people lose up to 15 pounds per month, compared to diet on its own. But, there’s no hard evidence to back up that claim.
- Vegetarian formula.
- Contains 1,000 mg of white bean extract.
- Product claims to help people lose a considerable amount of weight.
- People who have used the supplement seem divided over how well it works. Some claim to have lost a fair amount of weight, while others claim it didn't help them at all.
- The product makes a lot of grandiose or meaningless claims on its label.
- Supplements aren't made in the UK and haven't been verified by an independent, 3rd party source.
Bodyfit Carb Ctrl contains 1,400 mg of white kidney bean extract per capsule. You’re meant to take three capsules per day, one before each meal, which is an awful lot of white bean extract. The supplement claims that the white bean extract will help boost your fibre intake and lower your cholesterol levels.
The supplement also contains ascorbic acid, vitamin B6, chromium and zinc. The ascorbic acid is a type of vitamin C. The chromium picolinate is meant to help regulate how your body metabolises carbs and to help normalise your blood sugar levels.
Bodyfit calls Carb Ctrl its most effective carb blocker and offers a 30-day money back guarantee if you’re not satisfied. The company claims that the supplement is made in the UK and that it is tested to ensure it contains what it claims to and that there are no harmful ingredients. The name of the testing lab isn’t provided.
- High amount of white kidney bean extract helps block carbs.
- Vegetarian-friendly formula.
- Supplements are kosher and halal and free from gluten, soy and caffeine.
- People who have used it note that it did help them lose weight quickly.
- Due to the potency of the supplement, some people have noted toilet-related side effects.
- You're meant to take three capsules a day, which can be a bit much for some people.
She-Carb Block is a carb blocker that’s marketed towards women, though there’s no reason why men couldn’t take it as well. The white kidney bean extract in the supplement inhibits the enzyme that normally breaks down carbs by up to 33 percent. The supplement also claims to reduce bloat and increase energy, thanks to the addition of caffeine.
Along with the bottle of supplements, purchase of She-Carb Block includes a free e-book “The Ultimate Female Fat Loss Blueprint,” which can help you reach your weight loss goals.
She-Carb Block is made in the UK and comes with a money back guarantee if you’re not happy with the results.
- Includes a free weight-loss and fat burning guide.
- Contains 1,250 mg of white kidney bean extract.
- Contains vitamin C and chromium.
- Some customers have noted significant weight loss.
- Not suitable for vegetarians, the capsule contains gelatin.
- Contains caffeine, which can be a problem if you're sensitive.
- Marketed towards women, even though the formula doesn't offer benefits that would be particularly beneficial for women.
PureNature Carb Blocker contains 62.5 mg of kidney bean extract, caffeine, ascorbic acid and chromium. The supplement is non-GMO and claims to be organic. According to its description, the supplement alleges that in clinical studies, the average person lost 8.7 pounds and 3.3 inches from their waists.
The carb blocker is described as a phase 2 weight loss supplement, which apparently helps to reduce calorie consumption from carbs by up to 66 percent. The extract neutralises the enzymes that break down carbs so that they pass unabsorbed to your large intestine.
Unlike other carb blockers, PureNature’s supplement does contain caffeine. The claim is that the caffeine helps boost your metabolism and absorption. The supplement also contains chromium to help regulate your hunger hormones and to help reduce appetite.
- Suitable for vegetarians.
- Contains vitamin C and chromium
- Contains caffeine, which can be an issue for those who need to avoid it or for people who are caffeine sensitive.
- Contains less white kidney bean extract that other carb blockers.
- People who have used it feel that it isn't particularly effective.